Friday, July 28, 2006

Oh my god today was so crazy. We’re in Vancouver and like we were super exhausted when we got here. Erik and I went food shopping at the Canadian super store, which is kinda like Wal-Mart, and I accidentally left my wallet and the counter, and it never showed up, so I called my dad, and he had to go out on his lunch break and mail me a new atm card. But it came today, so that was good. And like yesterday we were so broke down and tired that all we could do was lay around this house. I was too tired to read, all I did was lie on the floor all day and listen to my ipod.

So today we go downtown to china town, and like Lauren and Chris (these two rad kids from Santa Cruz) and Erik and I all lock our bikes together, but Garry (aka lance Armstrong) locks his up solo. So we get out of the restaurant and Garry’s bike is not there, but there’s this other crappy bike on the ground. Someone clipped his cable and stole his bike. So this crack head guy comes up with a bike with a baby trailer attached to it, and is trying to pick up the crappy bike and balance it on the baby trailer and Lauren and Chris are like yelling at him being like, “man you stole our friends bike” and there are like mom’s with baby twins in strollers trying to get through and the crack head’s bike is falling off of the baby trailer almost on top of the twins and everyone is yelling at this guy, and he’s all, “I didn’t steal your bike. Maybe my friend did though.” And so he leaves his crappy bike and is trying to bike away from us and kernby follows him on his bike. We’re waiting a hella long time and kernby isn’t’ coming back, and we’re getting worried thinking, like maybe kernby tried to play hero and something bad happened to him. So Lauren wants to go to the library, look up his cell phone number from an email and try and call him. We end up at this community center, and Lauren has me stand outside and watch the bikes, and it’s so sketchy. Like we’re in crack head central. I’m standing there by our bikes, and am surrounded by people smoking crack with like vacant eyes and sores and abscesses on their bodies. I’m just trying to be invisible, and then Erik rides up on the bike the crack head left behind, and like we’re just hanging out waiting for Lauren, and then this huge dude starts like looking at us over the top of his sunglasses and pointing and then he’s got some other tweaker dudes with him and starts walking towards Erik and I, and I’m thinking, “oh my god, what’s going to happen.” And he grabs a hold of the crack head’s bike that Erik’s riding and is all, “that’s my bike.” And Erik is like still holding onto it and is all, “look, someone stole my friends bike and this is the one that was left there.” And this huge crack head dude’s like, “that’s my bike.” And his even huger girlfriend was like, “you better give him his bike back.” And Erik’s still holding onto the bike, like talking to them. I’m totally just not saying anything, and then the dude grabs the bike. Finally Lauren comes outa the community center, and we’re all, “we gotta get outa here, this dude just took Erik’s bike” and she’s like, “what! We gotta get it back,” and we’re like, “no, we gotta go.” Lauren thought that it was Erik’s touring bike, not the crack head bike. Anyways we find a payphone and call kernby and he’s like gone back to his house to hook up a trailer and put his folding bike for Garry who now has no bike since the crack head bike got stolen. We’re like panicking and don’t end up meeting kernby but start going to different bike shops to find Garry a bike. We’re looking for bikes and call kernby again, and apparently he gave his cell phone number to the crack head, who stole Garry’s bike, and the guy called him and told him to meet him at the home depot with a hundred dollars and he’d give him the bike. So we’re at this bike shop trying to figure out how to get all of us over there since we’re short a bike, and I’m all, “maybe we should call the police.” And the dudes are like, “no we wanna beat him up.” And Erik’s like, “I’m gonna use the bear mace on him.” And so like I give Garry my bike to ride, and Chris and Erik just like take off, and Lauren puts me on her back rack, which is totally not designed to hold that kinda weight. It’s like this insane ride up and down hills and over potholes and my ass is like slamming into this rack and Lauren is totally just hauling. Anyways, we get to the home depot and Erik and Chris are like, “you won’t believe what just happened.” Apparently there was this cop talking to his girlfriend or something, the crack head rode by on Garry’s bike, looked at the cop, and took off. Chris tried to chase him down, but got cut off by freeway off ramp traffic or something. So we’re just hanging out at home depot, and Lauren uses their phone to call kernby again, and kernby says that the crack head called his phone and he’s go the bike. In a few minutes we see kernby coming into the home depot parking lot, walking with three bikes. There’s his bike, then the trailer with the folding bike in it, and then in his other hand is Garry’s bike. So, Garry ended up losing $100, but got his bike back. But we’re all feeling really crazy right now. Like it was such a bad day just talking to crackheads and seeing if they were selling bikes and what not. Anyways, I’m going to try and stay out of big cities from now on. Also, crackheads suck.



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home