Sunday, August 13, 2006


I'm back at my parents house in palo alto. I totally left the group and biked really fast to get here. then i called my parents on my cell phone from the front yard, and my dad was like, "where are you?" and i told them to come to the front yard. and there i was waiting with the camera. i think maybe they look more shocked then happy, but really they're like pretty happy to see me.

this morning i was riding along and i met this guy cameron who was also on a bike, and we were talking and stuff, and he was all, "that's an annoying noise, i used to be a bike mechanic and could probalby fix it." he lived in fairfax, and we went back to his house, and he took apart my bike and like put this crazy blue/green grease that was designed for boats, and he totally fixed this horrible, terrible noise i've been biking with since fairbanks. i had one guy in the yukon try and fix the noise, and he was kinda condiscending and like told me that nothing was wrong with the bike, and that i was "chasing red hearings" so i never tried to get it fixed again. anyways, thanks so much to cameron the world's most awesome bike mechanic. This is a picture of cameron at his house. cameron if you read my blog, send me an email with your address, i want to mail you like a thank you something. here's my email address jessieoppi@yahoo.com.

since i left the group and started biking on my own, people have been super nice to me. also, i think most people think it's totally insane to be a single, woman bike tourist. the other night i was in this camground and was talking to this guy, and he said he'd come bring me coffee in the morning and then like he showed up while i was still in my tent with this huge mug of hot coffee, and a little debbie snack, and a banana. it was pretty awesome.

hey, my mom just walked in and told me that this was the "most shocked" she's ever been. that's cool.

-jessie

1 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Hey Jessie! I'm glad you finally got that annoying clicking noisein your bottom bracket fixed. I'm in Rail Road Flat and its nice to have some peace and quiet.
It sounds like you're traveling on yer own now, where's Erik? Que Pasa, Chica...

Anyhow, you are the absolute best cycling woman between here and Fairbanks. I know... I saw you in action!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home